Recent blog articles
Back to top

So your spouse has been granted permanent residency (PR) with the right to work, but what exactly does that mean for you?

What This Means for You:

Well, firstly congratulations! As the spouse of a permanent resident, you can now apply to the Caymanian Status & Permanent Residency Board (CS&PR Board) for a Residency & Employment Rights Certificate (RERC) in your own right, which, if approved, will entitle you to accept employment with any employer of your choice!

The RERC (Spouse of Permanent Residency) Application:

While the application process is not as daunting as that of your spouse, you will need to complete an application form and provide certain documents, including an Affidavit attesting that your marriage is intact and is not a marriage of convenience, an Affidavit from your spouse supporting your application, and various other documents including personal and banking reference letters.

Wondering when you can apply for your RERC? Read our dedicated blog here that walks you through the entire process and what to expect.

It doesn’t need to be a nerve-racking experience…CML can make your application process stress free. Call us to find out how or send an email to Juliette Gilbert on or Denize Solomon on


Share this blog article